similarminds.com

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister
ISFP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    similarminds.com Forum Index -> Jung Type Descriptions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phaedrus
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naa. They just don't get around to doing them.

-Phaedrus
Toby
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel Osteen - most watched television evangelist, pastor of largest church in America
kirei
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I met this ISFP girl recently... she's very secret about everything. Complicated and hard to understand. She can seem deceptively extraverted at times.

This sounds mostly accurate.... this could have been said about me. I'm not necessarily secretive about everything, though.. especially once a person gets to know me. I'm actually VERY open with the people that I feel comfortable with.

Complicated, hard to understand, deceptively extraverted.... yeah, those are accurate.
liu7
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character traits:

# Keen awareness of their environment
# Live in the present moment
# Enjoy a slower pace - they like to take time to savor the present moment
# Dislike dealing with theory or abstract thought, unless they see a practical application
# Faithful and loyal to people and ideas which are important to them
# Individualistic, having no desire to lead or follow
# Take things seriously, although they frequently appear not to
# Special bond with children and animals
# Quiet and reserved, except with people they know extremely well
# Trusting, sensitive, and kind
# Service-oriented; they're driven to help others
# Extremely well-developed appreciation for aesthetic beauty
# Likely to be original and unconventional
# Learn best with hands-on training
# Hate being confined to strict schedules and regimens
# Need space and freedom to do things their own way
# Dislike mundane, routine tasks, but will perform them if necessary

"Be like the wind that does not cling to the meshes of the net." -Buddha
Nostros
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I recently took the test on this website again and got ISFP. I was exactly 50% on both the T and the F. The description for the ISFP fits me almost perfectly though. I am not much of an artist.
jdoyle650
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: advantages of isfp---- Reply with quote

some- especially those who are ISFP's- see weakness in the personality while reading it and see all the bad qualities (laziness, living in the moment, ect). now, as an ENTJ, i would like to challenge that.

my girlfriend is an ISFP (sometimes switches to an ISTJ but thats besides the point), and we have a VERY successful relationship. you ISFP's are pleasant to be around, which can make a person feel happier, which makes a big difference in a person's life.

ISFP's have a strong sense for pleasure--- they are driven to it --- and that is mostly what they seek. when becoming aware of this drive, they can use it to thier advantage. For example, a business. AN ISFP can decorate a business to look very "pretty" and "kind" and "pleasant" because they are aware of what feels pleasant., now, most people are psychologically attracted to this- leading customers to the business. then before you know it..... BOOM! the business gets flooded with customers!!!!!! WOW!!! no decorative job could better be done by the ISFP.

unfortunately, many ISFP's currently have a low self-image. do not fear, because a low self image can change into a high self image very quickly. by feeling good about yourself, your environment can work towards your advantage and you can be a stud!!! (example: Britney Spears. she was an ISFP who was confident in her singing ability--- look what happened to her).

ISFP'S--- LET ME LEAVE YOU ON THIS FINAL NOTE=

-become aware and appreciate your good qualities. that can bring you greater pleasure than you may think...
MannyP
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: advantages of isfp---- Reply with quote

jdoyle650 wrote:
(example: Britney Spears. she was an ISFP who was confident in her singing ability--- look what happened to her).

Yeah, she married K-Fed, had kids with the guy, went bald, and has a strained relationship with her mother. That's a great example for ISFPs to follow. Rolling Eyes

I hate to be negative (especially since I do agree that ISFPs need to be more confident in themselves), but I don't think Britney Spears is a very good example (plus Niednagel has typed her as an ESFP).

ISFPs do make great basketball players though . . . D-Wade, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce . . . Heck, you could make an All-Star Team just with ISFPs.
jdoyle650
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: advantages of isfp---- Reply with quote

MannyP wrote:

Yeah, she married K-Fed, had kids with the guy, went bald, and has a strained relationship with her mother. That's a great example for ISFPs to follow. Rolling Eyes

hahahahaha!!!!

i meant only the fact that she became one HELLA famous pop singer.

^_^ E-N-T-J ^_^
Nostros
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liu7 wrote:
Character traits:

# Keen awareness of their environment
# Live in the present moment
# Enjoy a slower pace - they like to take time to savor the present moment
# Dislike dealing with theory or abstract thought, unless they see a practical application
# Faithful and loyal to people and ideas which are important to them
# Individualistic, having no desire to lead or follow
# Take things seriously, although they frequently appear not to
# Special bond with children and animals
# Quiet and reserved, except with people they know extremely well
# Trusting, sensitive, and kind
# Service-oriented; they're driven to help others
# Extremely well-developed appreciation for aesthetic beauty
# Likely to be original and unconventional
# Learn best with hands-on training
# Hate being confined to strict schedules and regimens
# Need space and freedom to do things their own way
# Dislike mundane, routine tasks, but will perform them if necessary

This accurately describes me....although my T and F keep swaying very frequently...rahh! this confounds me to the point of anger...
sln

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isfp is great! A friend of mine is an isfp and she is always happy and has a great sense of humor. She can make people laugh, it´s great to be around her.
Varden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenlenchan wrote:
I'm an ISFP.

I find that I'm usually trying to mask who I am, and how I feel, as so I don't get hurt. I figure, if I don't let people know how I feel, then they won't find it as a 'fault'... I'm such a wuss. >.<

I've also found that all the times I've done the Myers Briggs test (I've done it 3 times - twice at uni and once at high school), I always get the same result.

I always think that there is someone 'better' out there, at anything I do. I also really really ;really; hate arguments, and people that try to tell me that i'm doing things the right way or the wrong way. I feel like I'm rather stupid most of the time, but though, I think that may have something to do with the fact that I'm spacing out when I really should be listening.

I find that being by myself is far more easier than being out and about, interacting with people.

I really do agree with Guest above - their post really strikes a chord in me, its spooky. Smile

You know, I have never met another ISFP in real life before- ever. I always thought I was just odd in soceity, but reading your thoughts was like reading my own.
I couldn't have put it better myself.

I'm not sure where ISFP's would congegrate, I don't think we tend to generally. We are more lone types even though we always appreciate friends we have and show it through our actions.

I can really empathise with being the "happy, jokey friend" since I truly fall into that perfectly. My mind is always whirring like mad with weird thoughts and I'm hardly the happiest person in the world- but talking about my problems bugs me, I can deal with it myself- talking never does anything for me. Despite the self-inadequecy all us ISFP feel, I have to say the one thing I like about myself is my sense of humour. I can usually make anyone laugh, whether its acting the fool, being witty or making awful pun jokes (my favourites!).

I feel we are the most misunderstood, because even though I can not claim it for all ISFPs, I know I at least rely too much on actions and expect people to understand me through them.
The best example is with me and my text book ENFP friend. I hate voicing aloud my issues, but she insists on it (an N thing most likely)- but I still get really annoyed when she doesnt pick up on what I'm feeling. She will tell you when she's upset and make it perfectly clear, but Im always happy and acting the fool and she feels insulted that I won't share my inner thoughts with her. I get the impression ENFP's and ISFPs dont mix well ordinarily. This might just be my experiences though.

Another thing I've noticed on being an ISFP- the not abiding to social norms thing, doing our own thing issue. Doesn't mean we are all wacky and obviously weird on sight people. I have a fashion sense that people would see as normal but its not because I want to be normal, rather that its just what I like. Purposely going against the norm annoys me as much as going with it.
The animal and children thing is bang on the mark though- my love for animals has always been with me and always will, and I prefer children to adults. They are not bound by strict schedules in their minds, and do their own thing- something ISFPs can relate to I feel.
Rocky
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varden wrote:
Lenlenchan wrote:
I'm an ISFP.

I find that I'm usually trying to mask who I am, and how I feel, as so I don't get hurt. I figure, if I don't let people know how I feel, then they won't find it as a 'fault'... I'm such a wuss. >.<

I've also found that all the times I've done the Myers Briggs test (I've done it 3 times - twice at uni and once at high school), I always get the same result.

I always think that there is someone 'better' out there, at anything I do. I also really really ;really; hate arguments, and people that try to tell me that i'm doing things the right way or the wrong way. I feel like I'm rather stupid most of the time, but though, I think that may have something to do with the fact that I'm spacing out when I really should be listening.

I find that being by myself is far more easier than being out and about, interacting with people.

I really do agree with Guest above - their post really strikes a chord in me, its spooky. Smile

You know, I have never met another ISFP in real life before- ever. I always thought I was just odd in soceity, but reading your thoughts was like reading my own.

I'm not sure where ISFP's would congegrate, I don't think we tend to generally. We are more lone types even though we always appreciate friends we have and show it through our actions.

I can really empathise with being the "happy, jokey friend" since I truly fall into that perfectly. My mind is always whirring like mad with weird thoughts and I'm hardly the happiest person in the world- but talking about my problems bugs me, I can deal with it myself- talking never does anything for me. Despite the self-inadequecy all us ISFP feel, I have to say the one thing I like about myself is my sense of humour. I can usually make anyone laugh, whether its acting the fool, being witty or making awful pun jokes (my favourites!).

I feel we are the most misunderstood, because even though I can not claim it for all ISFPs, I know I at least rely too much on actions and expect people to understand me through them.
The best example is with me and my text book ENFP friend. I hate voicing aloud my issues, but she insists on it (an N thing most likely)- but I still get really annoyed when she doesnt pick up on what I'm feeling. She will tell you when she's upset and make it perfectly clear, but Im always happy and acting the fool and she feels insulted that I won't share my inner thoughts with her. I get the impression ENFP's and ISFPs dont mix well ordinarily. This might just be my experiences though.

Another thing I've noticed on being an ISFP- the not abiding to social norms thing, doing our own thing issue. Doesn't mean we are all wacky and obviously weird on sight people. I have a fashion sense that people would see as normal but its not because I want to be normal, rather that its just what I like. Purposely going against the norm annoys me as much as going with it.
The animal and children thing is bang on the mark though- my love for animals has always been with me and always will, and I prefer children to adults. They are not bound by strict schedules in their minds, and do their own thing- something ISFPs can relate to I feel.

^great first post

I've Stolen The Pain Surprised
Ziv
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: advantages of isfp---- Reply with quote

jdoyle650 wrote:
my girlfriend is an ISFP (sometimes switches to an ISTJ but thats besides the point)

That's normal for a well developed ISFP. Their inferior function is Te.
Willow
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocky wrote:
Varden wrote:
Lenlenchan wrote:
I'm an ISFP.

^great first post

I agree, great post! I related to everything you said so well... Stick around! Haha.
jdoyle650
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out another person I know is an ISFP. from experience, they are the most materialistic people i have ever met in my life.

^_^ E-N-T-J ^_^
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    similarminds.com Forum Index -> Jung Type Descriptions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to: