similarminds.com

similarminds.com

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ 
INFP or ISFP
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    similarminds.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
me
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: INFP or ISFP Reply with quote

My husband won't test Sad ,I have narrowed him down to a ISFP or INFP Confused I would like to know the difference Question
Mr.Pink
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not wanting to test show's more of an S IMO. More based on the here and now doesn't have time for such things.

What do I know though? An ISFJ i know think's it's the dumbest thing ever, and obviously you don't. heh.
Lenka
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I understand,

INFP is a lot less random.

an INFP would feel a lot more confortable following a cause (religion, relationship, value system) that is to them symbolic and which they hold up on a pedestal.

and ISFP would be more likely to simply enjoy and emotionally react to things are they happen.

also:

and INFP would be a lot less aware of which things looks aestetically good, and would be found wearing or putting on their walls things that have a symbolic meaning to them.

and ISFP is more aware of what looks good.
RadicalDreamer
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ne vs Se for auxiliary
Si vs Ni for tertiary
me
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Pink wrote:
Not wanting to test show's more of an S IMO. More based on the here and now doesn't have time for such things.

What do I know though? An ISFJ i know think's it's the dumbest thing ever, and obviously you don't. heh.

I don't know if he is too busy to take test or he just doesn't like test ,he thinks he isn't smart enough
me
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenka wrote:
from what I understand,

an INFP would feel a lot more confortable following a cause (religion, relationship, value system) that is to them symbolic and which they hold up on a pedestal.

and ISFP would be more likely to simply enjoy and emotionally react to things are they happen.

also:

and INFP would be a lot less aware of which things looks aestetically good, and would be found wearing or putting on their walls things that have a symbolic meaning to them.

and ISFP is more aware of what looks good.

He fits both descriptions both types share FI and TE but he puts some awful pictures on our walls.
martin
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenka wrote:

what the hell Very Happy

as Mr. Pink said, he's more likely ISFP, INFPs are usually extremely interested in stuff like this.

I don't know how true this is, because it's just my personal theory, but I think ISFPs may be more social than INFPs, adapting to the surroundings better, getting used to socializing and whatnot.

INFPs always keep getting passionate about things and projects, only to leave them unfinished a couple of hours, days, rarely weeks later

ISFPs are usually more active and pragmatic than INFPs, like being pretty good at surviving in the wild, at least compared to INFPs, if that helps you Smile

ISFPs are more athletic, physical and stuff like that

When there's a chance, INFP starts wondering, what if yes, what if not, then decides to do it or not.
An ISFP grabs it and doesn't look back.

And as Rad said, they differ on the perceiving functions, decide whether he's more likely Ne/Si or Se/Ni, they have special ways of collaboration, I don't know where to find information about these couples, but this test has some simple descriptions of all four function couples in the results
http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/tandem_survey.html
There must be some other way of accessing that page, but I can't help you with that
Reading some descriptions should help too, but I take it you've already done that.

I hope some of this actually helps
INFP r|L|uxi 4 or 9 sx/sp
me
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RadicalDreamer wrote:
Ne vs Se for auxiliary
Si vs Ni for tertiary

I have read the 8 page thread on difference between NE and NI,every times I decide he was one I would see something to think the other,I am even begining to think I am INFJ instead of ISFJ.

Last edited by me on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Benzai
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: INFP or ISFP Reply with quote

me wrote:
My husband won't test Sad ,I have narrowed him down to a ISFP or INFP Confused I would like to know the difference Question

Wont do the test? INFP.

Chinese funny man.
me
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin wrote:
Lenka wrote:

what the hell Very Happy

as Mr. Pink said, he's more likely ISFP, INFPs are usually extremely interested in stuff like this.

I don't know how true this is, because it's just my personal theory, but I think ISFPs may be more social than INFPs, adapting to the surroundings better, getting used to socializing and whatnot.

INFPs always keep getting passionate about things and projects, only to leave them unfinished a couple of hours, days, rarely weeks later

ISFPs are usually more active and pragmatic than INFPs, like being pretty good at surviving in the wild, at least compared to INFPs, if that helps you Smile

ISFPs are more athletic, physical and stuff like that

When there's a chance, INFP starts wondering, what if yes, what if not, then decides to do it or not.
An ISFP grabs it and doesn't look back.

And as Rad said, they differ on the perceiving functions, decide whether he's more likely Ne/Si or Se/Ni, they have special ways of collaboration, I don't know where to find information about these couples, but this test has some simple descriptions of all four function couples in the results
http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/tandem_survey.html
There must be some other way of accessing that page, but I can't help you with that
Reading some descriptions should help too, but I take it you've already done that.

I hope some of this actually helps

Yes he's active,pragmatic,good at surviving in the woods.ISFP.
Now mine the difference between ISFJ and INFJ? Is SI/NE or SE/NI never mind I figured it out ,I am not good in woods,active or pragmatic ,so that makes me opposite to him ,ISFJ now I know why we are so different we don't share any functions
RadicalDreamer
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me wrote:
RadicalDreamer wrote:
Ne vs Se for auxiliary
Si vs Ni for tertiary

I have read the 8 page thread on difference between NE and NI,every times I decid he was one I would see something to think the other,I am evenbegining to think I am INFJ instead of ISFJ and I am developing a headache.
How about Ne vs Se and Si vs Ni instead of Ne vs Ni?
me
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RadicalDreamer wrote:
me wrote:
RadicalDreamer wrote:
Ne vs Se for auxiliary
Si vs Ni for tertiary

I have read the 8 page thread on difference between NE and NI,every times I decid he was one I would see something to think the other,I am evenbegining to think I am INFJ instead of ISFJ and I am developing a headache.
How about Ne vs Se and Si vs Ni instead of Ne vs Ni?

He could be all of them.
martin
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me wrote:
Yes he's active,pragmatic,good at surviving in the woods.ISFP.
Now mine the difference between ISFJ and INFJ? Is SI/NE or SE/NI never mind I figured it out ,I am not good in woods,active or pragmatic ,so that makes me opposite to him ,ISFJ now I know why we are so different we don't share any functions

ISFJ is Si > Fe > Ti > Ne
INFJ is Ni > Fe > Ti > Se

Should be easy to figure out, they are quite different

Besides the obvious S/N:

INFJs should be more open-minded, though they can have this "I'm right, you're wrong, screw your reasoning" thing about them, they can be a bit bitter sometimes, are generally very independent

ISFJs are usually nicer than INFJs, more traditional and standard, often have trouble standing up for themselves.. usually appear more feeling than INFJs, more concrete (usually very unlikely to use sarcasm or speak figuratively in other ways)
INFP r|L|uxi 4 or 9 sx/sp
me
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: INFP or ISFP Reply with quote

Benzai wrote:
me wrote:

Wont do the test? INFP.

But I have read INFP are good with words he's not
RadicalDreamer
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me wrote:
He could be all of them.
Everyone uses them all to varying degree. It isn't worth getting a headache over! Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    similarminds.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: