similarminds.com

similarminds.com

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ 
ENFP
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    similarminds.com Forum Index -> Jung Type Descriptions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meta
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post descriptions or anecdotes of your personality type here.
lilalove
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an enfp 6w7

i'm really in need of something...but do not know what. i think it might be some really good sex.
shum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k. whats the 6w7 part?

and yes, good sex is a good thing to have.
daniel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 6W7 is an enneagram
and i agree sex is the way Very Happy
A.eve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah...? do you think so? or after the intial rush of physical and emotional hormones that actually cause endorphines to rush through your body you are left with the same feeling as before, better unning then have sex so your results are more long term in my opinion.
shum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. after sex, i am feeling like before. wanting to have sex.

so then i have it and the cycle repeats itself.

what a shame.
Joon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilalove wrote:
I'm an enfp 6w7

i'm really in need of something...but do not know what. i think it might be some really good sex.

Ha. Wink
I have been too impatient to figure out what my enneagram, um, er, whatever that word was, means. But, I am definitely an ENFP. How big a percent of the population is ENFP? I'm sure it says somewhere on the site.
I love the description of ENFP. I'm happy to be one. I took the Big Official Myers-Briggs test a few months ago, ENFP. I'm a huge risktaker, in my professional life, and I enjoy trying new and exciting things. I don't know if I'm irresponsible... I don't think so... when I paint myself into a corner, it just makes me more creative in my solutions.
Thoughts, anyone?
fleeko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

god. i keep taking this god damn test but it keeps switching on me. half the time it comes out INFP and half the time it comes out ENFP. whoever made this test needs to make up their friggen mind.
tim505
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ENFPs are fun and radiate joy Smile
CrashFive
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, enjoy being an ENFP....when I first started reading and understanding about all of this and read my results of ENFP I was like YEAH! thats me! ::high-fives himself:: haha

In my group of friends there's 2 of us and we're a pretty diverse group.

Fleeko - how can you not know if your an introvert or extrovert?

Sorta look at it like this...if you were in a room with another person would you initiate conversation with that person or wait for that person to initiate conversation with you?

Altho, I might be able to see where your coming from if you say it depends on your mood. Because I know when Im feeling like "closed off" I choose to be introverted but 90% of the time Im happy-go-lucky type of person and very socialable. I'm the guy that'll walk up to you introduce myself and shake your hand. Thats just me, tho. B)
tsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an ENFP too~

I'm not really sure what to think of the results, it's both a good/bad thing. ^^;;;;; We should be a pretty small percentage, or else half the universe would be flooded with happy people~ (that would be great too)

Just to ask, what types are the people close to you?

I find that despite the amount of friends I have, most of my closer friends are INTPs, INTJs. It's interesting to note that those types are most likely to do online tests too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ENFP's continuously contribute to the "INTP" thread, so I thought I'd add something here.

As an INTP, I've encountered only a few ENFP's. That would generally make me wary of coming to any general conclusions about the personality type; however, the ENFP's that I have interacted with are so well inline with the type descriptions I have read, I decided I would share anyway.

ENFP's do, on the whole, radiate an insane amount of fun, warmth, caring, and spontanaeity. I sometimes wonder where all the energy for these traits come from, but thats a story for later. They are definitely into people, because they get visually depressed when they are put alone for a long period of time. It seems, though, that when put along, they are often not willing to go out and surround themselves with the people they so clearly need; they just sit there and wither into themselves, reflecting on their intuition fueled feelings. If people do not come around them (the ENFPs) and rid them of their feeling of loneliness, then they seem to start thinking the worst. They may think they have been used, or that they have wasted their time, because they put all that effort into maintaining their interpersonal relationships, but no one is willing to turn around and do the same for them. Eventually, the ENFP begin sending out subtle hints that they want some attention, or some company. If no one picks up on these hints, then the ENFP feels even more used, or wasted. This is unlike the ESFP, who, at a moments notice, would go out and actively seek the company of others. Its kinda strange to me, would any of you be able to explain this to me?

Also, it seems as though ENFPs have a two-faced personality: one being the upbeat, fun face mentioned above, and the second being a very sad, confused, speculative face. This second face, I suppose, is a major source of conflict within the ENFP. It induces alot of interestings beliefs from the ENFP: "I feel so fake", "No one really knows who I am", "I don't even know who I am anymore", etc. The second face also seems to give the ENFP some shyness in the presence of new people. They want to make a good impression, they want to be liked, but it seems they are afraid that their second face will be seen and brought to the surface, and that they will be accused of being fake (which would be a serious and believable insult to the ENFP and their set of values). But the shyness fades as they become comfortable with the people they have just met. Am I on target here? Better yet, why does this shyness happen?

Now.. whats with the ENFP-INTP attraction? It seems to me that it is often times mutual, but in any event why does the ENFP see it as something of an ideal? Why would an ENFP project the ideal view of a person with mounds of depth (that second face) and mounds of external love and caring (first face) onto the INTP? I mean, the INTP matches up in the depth department, but doesn't even come close in the continuous extraverted caring department? This is obvious from the get-go. Is the ENFP subconsciously deciding to try and change the INTP to match up to the second ideal? To take the unspoken love and caring and make it verbal? Or has the ENFP just decided to fall back into a misconception, because having someone who connects with them on some non-superficial level is something so hard to come by, so hard to emulate, that they do not want to let it slip by?

It just seems to me that whenever I encounter an ENFP, the result is always the same: they are drawn to me like a moth to a flame, and they seem to silently want something and I have no idea what it is. And I don't mean drawn into a relationship, or into a friendship, I mean just drawn to me.

BTW, pardon my curiosity Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B) I found my place i am an enfp yes------ i am so proud of myself so happy of being me...........an enfp i will do more research on that definitely.....yeah....
Jeanette Very Happy
Amathya

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother took an online test and her result was ENFP (two or three years ago). However, when I asked her to list her functions (yesterday) - after reading through a website I had found - she listed all her shadow functions as preferences and her "should be preferences" as her most disliked functions. I have typed her as an ENFJ, but I'm not sure. The ENFJ profile made the most sense, but there are also consistencies with the ENFP profile as well. Hence I thought I'd monitor this ENFP group to help me along the path of discovering my mother's type....

If any ENFP parents visit this board perhaps you could relate to me how you interact with your children (positive and negative experiences)? And what your child's type is (if known).
Fluffy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure!!..ENFP Mom of a teenage ENTJ and preteen INTP happy to help you out Amathya!..

Hmm.. Lets see... where would I begin?

Positives!..

Positive side of an ENFP parent is their natural ability to inspire and motivate! These kinds of fun loving , nurturing and quite enthusiastic parents want nothing more than to see their kids aspire to the best of their ability, and will do anything to help them achieve that aim. Whereas some other types (like ESTJ's exhubby) might aim for control, strict order and respect for law, criticising any show of inefficiency, or mistakes, an ENFP parent will give them more freedom, allowing them to make their own choices in learning how to deal with the consequences of their decisons and/or actions.

AS Intuitive /perceiving beings, an ENFP parent can and will sense any emotional disturbances with their child.

A Fun loving, creative minded, ENFP parent places importance on imagination and child's play. ENFP'ers are expressive story tellers, and can mesmerise their captive little audience. Take on the world, destiny awaits you!, dont limit yourself but be the best that you can possibly be! THATS the basic essence of an ENFP parent!

On the negative side , an ENFP parent can be seen as "airy fairy" and fluffy with their idealistic notions . It can lead to conflict in parenting styles, and misunderstandings.

Wheras other type parents might admonish their child for an infraction, serving out swift and appropriate punishment , (time outs, being sent to room or being grounded etc) , alas the poor child of an ENFP parent has to suffer through a "three hour lecture" on explaining why the infraction occured, what choice will they make next time, and what from of punishment should be meted out.

Heaven forbid if kids bring friends into the house! The ENFP suddenly switches on into "entertainer" clown mode" to the delight of friends, and to the utter mortification of teenage prodigy.

Alas the ENFP parent is more likely to suffer from the "Pygmalian effect". They somehow defeat the altruisitic notion of bringing their kids up as unique souls by imposing their own belief and value systems on them.. It can be quite devastating, leading to inner turmoil and confusion to see their kids not taking on those same belief systems. For one who believes in the positive learning experience, the ENFP parent can do a surprising about face and can either withdraw with a shrug, or become quite authoritative in their demands to have those values respected.

Oh, and beware an ENFP will go out of their way to get into their kids interests and hobbies to better understand them.. NOT a cool thing, especially when you start headbanging along to Velvet Revolver or start singing along to Greenday!

Typically, instead of just giving you a link that might better help you understand your mum, I thought it better to just waffle away *grin*

Just my experiences so far, hope that kinda helped.

oh and heres the link that might be useful..

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP_rel.html

Good luck figuring your mum out !
Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    similarminds.com Forum Index -> Jung Type Descriptions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: