similarminds.com

similarminds.com

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ 
ISFP
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    similarminds.com Forum Index -> Jung Type Descriptions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meta
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post descriptions or anecdotes of your personality type here.
sl0w_sna1l

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISFP
disorganized, timid, easily discouraged, socially uncomfortable, does not like leadership, easy to persuade, no self confidence, not aggressive, low energy, pessimistic, fearful, anxious, easily distracted, discontented, guarded, backs down when threatened, easy to fool, longs for a stabilizing relationship, frequently overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, easily disturbed, fears drawing attention to self, easily confused, private, second guesses self, quitter, underachiever, fears rejection in relationships, emotionally moody, sad

favored careers:
sports management, pediatrician, school teacher, carpenter, veterinary technician, singer, health educator, stay at home parent, hospitality worker, pastor, athlete, physician assistant, photographer, health care worker, shop assistant, stylist, website designer

disfavored careers:
professor, marketing, academic, criminal psychologist, politician, comic book artist, actor, psychoanalyst, dj, judge, entrepreneur, attorney :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
Vylence
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow you ought to give an example from your life that you think describes being a ISFP. I'd be interesting in hearing one.
Huh?!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
disorganized, timid, easily discouraged, socially uncomfortable, does not like leadership, easy to persuade, no self confidence, not aggressive, low energy, pessimistic, fearful, anxious, easily distracted, discontented, guarded, backs down when threatened, easy to fool, longs for a stabilizing relationship, frequently overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, easily disturbed, fears drawing attention to self, easily confused, private, second guesses self, quitter, underachiever, fears rejection in relationships, emotionally moody, sad

I'm an ISFP, and most of that very negative description does not describe me at all. Perhaps you are describing a very very poorly adjusted ISFP.
Colby anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meta wrote:
Post descriptions or anecdotes of your personality type here.

some of the things that are described are true but others are just way off. By the way I really dont think that any of the describes careers are related to me or going to be related to me in any way possible. This has to be the worst personality type for the followin reason:disorganized, timid, easily discouraged, socially uncomfortable,second guesses self, quitter, underachiever, fears rejection in relationships, emotionally moody, sad. that to me is really bad and i hope not to think of myself as an underacheiver.if i was an underachiever why the **** would i be writing this letter or maybe i just have to much time on my hands.

over and out
andrew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isfp

descriptions: observant, sensitive, humble, helpful, creative, athletic, and empathetic

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isfp: depressive, low self-confidence, likes sex, likes art, moody, negative, passive-aggressive, takes things personally
World Man

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with "huh?" and "Colby." The a abundance of negative descriptions posted by sl0w_sna1l seems one sided.

World Man (INTJ).
invicta
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I have ever met any ISFPs. Where do ISFPs congregate? They sound rather pleasant.
meme

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm an ISFP and that was a horrible description that is found here at this website though i do have admit a lot of my faults are listed. I found other descriptions of ISFPs that show the other side my personality type

ISFPS are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends.
--comment: i have a list of five friends who wait eagerly for my cast off clothing

Organized education is difficult for the majority of ISFPs, and many drop out before finishing secondary education. Their interest can be held better through experiential learning, at which many excel. ISFPs will practice playing an instrument or honing a favored skill for hours on end, not so much as practice as for the joy of the experience.
--comment: classroom's have always been difficult for me and i did drop out of college after only two years. i'm currently quite happy in a technology development position where almost all of my skills are self-taught
meta
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the jung and mbti system combines certain traits which should not be combined in the four dichotomies, the result is that descriptions will have aspects that don't fit everyone who scores as a certain type. now if i only gave positive qualities, you would not notice that as much, but since i just give the statistical standout qualities of each type without regard to whether they are positive or negative... the problems of the jung system are potentially more glaring.
World Man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Meta,

I was wondering if you could give me more information about this statement: the jung and mbti system combines certain traits which should not be combined in the four dichotomies.

Could you explain the word "should" in the context of the above sentence? Is it "should" not or "are" not. If it is "should" not, I don't understand the meaning. I was also wondering if you could tell me how these traits are formed by the combination of the two systems. If you have a link, that would be good.

Thanking you in advance,

World Man

stormshadow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that anybody that fits this kind of profile wouldn't live to be an adult....Because they probably would have shot themselves at some point or at the very second they read their own profile.
With all the sillyness aside... the description IS negative; however, I think it lacks context. The things listed in the profile are behavioral states rather than personality traits. At times even the most optimistic person could exhibit negativity and the most rational/cold person could show strong emotions if given the situation. It seems to me like the person or people that made the profile, looked all the way over to the far side of the spectrum...rather then take into account that everybody uses both thinking/feeling or judging/perceiving and so on. With all that being said, I feel its true that we naturally tend to lean towards one end of the seesaw...and thats why I think that this meyer briggs test gives you the jist of your personality Laughing

Now excuse me, I must go kill snake eyes :ph34r:
Ellen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone was joking here. If true all ISFP's would be dead or in institutions. ISFP's are the crayons of life. We bring the rainbows. Wink
Vylence
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought skittles brought the rainbow? :blink:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    similarminds.com Forum Index -> Jung Type Descriptions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: